America’s national parks were established through the efforts of private citizens who wanted to protect the places they loved – places they knew would matter long into the future. Today, the National Park Foundation carries on that noble tradition as the only national charitable organization directly supporting America’s national parks.
- Donor Advised Funds
- Employer and Workplace Giving
- Estate Planning
- Foundational Partners
- Fundraise Your Way
- Memorial or Tribute Gifts
- IRA Gifts
- Stock Gifts
- Shop and Give
Contribute with Confidence
- The National Park Foundation received four stars, the highest rating, from Charity Navigator. This indicates the organization’s strong financial health and commitment to accountability and transparency. Learn more.
- The National Park Foundation received the Platinum Seal of Approval, the highest level of recognition, from GuideStar. This recognition demonstrates the organization’s commitment to fiscal transparency and strong financial stewardship. Learn more.
- The National Park Foundation received the Independent Charities Seal of Excellence. This indicates that the organization has certified, documented, and demonstrated on an annual basis that it meets the highest standards of public accountability, program effectiveness, and cost efficiency. Learn more.
- The National Park Foundation is accredited by Better Business Bureau’s Wise Giving Alliance, meeting all 20 standards for charity accountability. This indicates the organization’s commitment to fair and honest solicitation practices, adequate oversight, transparency and financial effectiveness. Learn more.
A donor-advised fund, or DAF, is a giving vehicle established at a public charity. It allows donors to make a charitable contribution, receive an immediate tax deduction and then recommend grants from the fund over time.
Employer and Workplace Giving
You can maximize the impact your donation has on critical national park efforts when you take advantage of employer matching gift programs or sign up for workplace giving.
Did you know there are creative ways to support the National Park Foundation that cost you nothing right now? Whether you are interested in a simple gift through your retirement or life insurance plan, a traditional bequest through your will or trust, or perhaps a gift that pays you back like a charitable gift annuity—there are many ways to make a legacy gift. Explore how you can include us in your estate plans.
To donate by check, please complete this form and mail your donation to the address below. To donate by phone, or for assistance with a donation, please call 1-888-GOPARKS.
National Park Foundation
Attn: Gift Processing
P.O. Box 17394
Baltimore, MD 21298-9450
Many foundations are guided by similar principles as the National Park Foundation and wish to support a national organization that helps protect important environmental habitats and cultural experiences in the United States, establishes curriculum based and non-traditional learning opportunities for children, and engages diverse communities and all Americans as volunteers and supporters.
For more information on how to support please call (202) 796-2520.
Have your own idea on how to make an impact on our national parks? You can sign up to create your own personalized fundraising webpage to collect donations and share your story! Whether it is a hike, a community event, a personal milestone, or something just for fun you can make a big impact on our national parks by creating your own fundraiser.
There are two ways to make a gift to our national parks in memory of someone special or to celebrate a special occasion such as a birthday, wedding or holiday. You can make a single gift through our donation page and send an electronic or mailed card to notify the honoree, or you can create your own personalized donation page to collect and manage many donations all in one place for an extended amount of time.
If you are 70½ years old or older, you can make a gift to NPF directly from your IRA without having to pay income taxes on the money. You can read more to learn more about making a gift from an IRA, insurance, or retirement asset. You can also contact us to learn more about how to set up these types of gifts.
Donating appreciated securities is a wonderful way to help support the National Park Foundation. It is the Foundation’s policy to sell the stock or security and put the proceeds right to work for our parks. Per the IRS, the Foundation establishes the value of the stock by calculating the mean average price on the date ownership is transferred.
Before making such a gift, please make sure to discuss your particular situation, including tax benefits, with your financial advisor. Please contact the Foundation at (202) 796-3143 or [email protected] for instructions on securities transfers. It is important that you notify the National Park Foundation in advance of any transfer using this form so that you will be properly credited for your gift.
Support the National Park Foundation while shopping for your favorite gear and accessories!
- Amazon Smile – Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. Select National Park Foundation as your charitable organization and starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com
- NPF Gift Shop – Stock up on your favorite National Park Foundation gear!
- Find Your Park Store – Show your love for the parks with gear and accessories for your next adventure.
The National Park Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All gifts to the National Park Foundation are considered tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. For a copy of our IRS designation letter, please contact [email protected].
National Park Foundation Tax Identification number is: 52-1086761
For questions about giving to National Park Foundation or to be removed from the mailing list, please contact Donor Services at [email protected] or by calling (202) 796-2500