How We Help
The Friends Alliance is an informal union of Friends Groups executives and park officials that evolved from a meeting convened by the National Park Foundation in 1994. The Alliance shares information among its members, learns and helps to clarify NPS policies, advances partnership and philanthropic ideas and discusses models for problem solving between Friends Groups and the NPS. The Friends Alliance is led by an elected steering committee and membership is open to all national park Friends Groups.
The National Park Foundation provides grant and technical support to the Friends Alliance.
Steering Committee Members
- Deb Yandala (Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park)
- David Cooper (Gettysburg Foundation)
- David MacDonald (Friends of Acadia)
- Elizabeth Fien (Friends of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park)
- Frank Dean (Yosemite Conservancy)
- Greg Moore (Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy)
- Joe Kessler (Friends of Virgin Islands National Park)
- Katie Nyberg (Mississippi Park Connection)
- Susan Schroeder (Grand Canyon Association)
- Jeff Reinbold, National Park Service Liaison
- Reggie Chapple, National Park Service Liaison
- Chrystal Morris Murphy, National Park Foundation Liaison
- Marya Skotte, National Park Foundation Liaison
The 2017 Fall Friends Alliance Meeting will most likely be taking place at Acadia National Park. More information regarding dates, accommodations, and meeting topics will be available in the coming months.
The 2017 Spring Friends Alliance Meeting will be taking place February 14-16, 2017. This spring’s meeting will be hosted in conjunction with the Public Lands Alliance’s 2017 Convention and Trade Show, in Arlington, VA, located just minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. By combining the dates and space for these events, participants have the unique opportunity to take advantage of both events. Participants that register for the PLA Convention can attend the Friends Alliance meeting at no additional cost. Participants interested in registering for solely for the Friends Alliance meeting, will be able to do so. You can learn more and register here.
For more information about the Friends Alliance, please contact Marya Skotte at [email protected].