Giving Students the Chance to Visit National Parks from Their Schools
Electronic Field Trips give students the opportunity to learn about a particular topic through national parks they may never get a chance to visit. Each EFT consists of two components:
- a televised broadcast from a national park featuring National Park Service Rangers and youth hosts
- a website featuring downloadable lesson plans for teachers and interactive games for students.
The broadcast and the website complement each other and teach with rich imagery and content in three different modalities.
For more information on our past EFTs, visit the links below.
- Gulf Islands National Seashore
- North Cascades National Park
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Charles Young Buffalo Soliders National Monument
- Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site
- Grand Teton National Park
- Manzanar National Historic Site
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Independence National Historic Site
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Everglades National Park