Thrilling Park-Inspired Stories That'll Send Chills Up Your Spine
Let your imagination run wild this Halloween and indulge in some thrilling, spooky national park-inspired stories as told by some of the best storytellers – National Park Service rangers!
Tune in this week to hear some of the tales and folklore featured in our latest collaboration with hitRECord, "Campfire Stories: A Frightening Field Guide featuring Terrifying Tales from America's National Parks." Rangers from parks across the country are getting ready for All Hallows’ Eve by reading a selection from the field guide via Facebook Live!'
Here's the schedule and links to where you’ll find the clips once they go live:
- October 26, 2016 at 1 p.m. EST at De Soto National Memorial – watch it here.
- October 27, 2016 at 4:30 p.m. EST on Rock Creek Park - watch it here.
- October 28, 2016 at 12 p.m. EST on Saratoga National Historical Park - watch it here.
- October 29, 2016 at 5:00pm CST on Mississippi National River and Recreation Area - watch it here.
- October 30, 2016 at 5:15pm EST on Cape Cod National Seashore - watch it here.
- October 31, 2016 at 5:00pm EST on Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site - watch it here.
The “Campfire Stories Field Guide” is filled with mysterious accounts and folklore set in or around national parks, heritage areas, and trails. This collection of stories is perfect fodder for an autumnal campfire gathering, accompanied by s’mores, of course!