Spring Is Almost Here!
On Friday, we welcome the first official day of spring.
How will you show springtime that you’re excited it’s finally here?
We’ve got hundreds of places in mind that are great for celebrating the arrival of warmer weather – your national parks!
If you need some help brainstorming ideas, this list may help:
- Get a feel for life at sea at San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park in California. (Event info)
- Challenge yourself with the Tamiami Trail triathlon at Big Cypress National Preserve in Florida. (Event info)
- Experience Civil War history with an encampment at Fort Scott National Historic Site in Kansas. (Event info)
- Take a stroll along the riverfront at Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve in Louisiana. (Event info)
- Go birding (& learn how to identify birds!) with the family at Homestead National Monument of America in Nebraska (Event info)
- Let your imagination run free as you go back in time at Fort Stanwix National Monument in New York. (Event info)
Photos: National Park Service, Charles Ernst/Share the Experience Photo Contest, Judy Hitzeman/Share the Experience Photo Contest, Michael Starke/Share the Experience Photo Contest, Mel Hass/Share the Experience Photo Contest, Elena Ricci/Share the Experience Photo Contest, Xavier Cohen/Share the Experience Photo Contest