Happy Birthday, NPS!
It’s been another incredible year of preserving and protecting America’s treasured places! From battlefields and historic sites, to lakeshores and seashores, to scenic trails and riverways, we are so grateful for everything our friends at the National Park Service do every single day to ensure that our parks are there for us to visit, enjoy, learn from, volunteer with and experience.
How are you going to celebrate the National Park Service’s birthday this year? 97 is a big year! We’re getting so close to the big 100. In case you’re looking for some birthday celebration ideas, we have several for you!
- Share your birthday wishes by signing the birthday card for NPS!
- Give a birthday gift to our national parks and for a limited time, our friends at Travel Channel will match your gift! Your birthday gift will go TWICE as far to help us restore trails, get more kids in parks and protect these treasured places!
- Read our latest Travel Idea, “You’re Invited: NPS Birthday Parties” and find a national park celebration near you to join!
- Use our “Find a Park” feature online and plan a fun gathering for your family, friends, relatives, and colleagues at a national park near you! (Great news! In celebration of NPS’ birthday, national parks across the country are waiving entrance fees on August 25!)
- Show your love & support for America's treasures with your very own NPF gear!
Looking for more birthday celebration inspiration? Visit www.npsbirthday.org!