2017 Free Admission Days in National Parks
Kick off the second century of the National Park Service by exploring your national inheritance! For these ten days in 2017, all national parks across the country will waive admission fees, so grab your calendar and start making plans.
The 2017 free entrance days will fall on:
- January 16: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 20: Presidents Day
- April 15-16 and 22-23: Weekends of National Park Week
- August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- September 30: National Public Lands Day
- November 11-12: Veterans Day Weekend
There are more than 400 natural, cultural, and historical gems across the National Park System. No matter what your passions or interests are, there’s a park that will speak to you! Just get out there , explore as many as possible, and find your park (o encuentra tu parque).
Start planning your next adventure
Need ideas on where to go, what to see or do, and where to stay? These resources and tools will help:
- 10 free National Park Owner’s Guides, packed with travel tips, planning ideas, and more
- These travel ideas from our blog, featuring unique and must-see parks
- A master calendar of the events taking place at parks across the system
- The “National Park Getaways” series from NPS, highlighting lesser-known sites
No excuses – lace up your boots, get up, get out there, and find your park! And don’t forget to share shots from your adventures with us here or through social media using #FindYourPark and #EncuentraTuParque.