Union Pacific Railroad is making parks more accessible by helping connect an entire generation of America’s youth to our national parks through educational experiences.
About Our Partnership
As a premier partner of Youth Engagement and Education and the largest private sponsor of Open OutDoors for Kids, Union Pacific is proud to encourage young adventurers to explore America’s national parks. For nearly 160 years, Union Pacific trains have traversed the beautiful scenery of our nation's western states, delivering the goods Americans use every day.
When the National Park Service was created, Union Pacific's family of railroads transported travelers, allowing them to experience the wonderment of the new national parks and working together to develop the infrastructure that park visitors still treasure. Today, Union Pacific remains committed to sharing the wonders of our American nation with the next generation of parkgoers through its commitment to the National Park Foundation (NPF). Support of NPF's Open OutDoors for Kids program helps make parks more accessible to all kids, with a specific focus on children who live in communities that are striving to overcome a lack of resources in both rural and urban settings across the country. Open OutDoors for Kids connects elementary school-aged youth to national parks through field trips and educational activities. Learn more about Union Pacific's giving programs by clicking here.
- Exploring America's National Parks with Union Pacific
- The Golden Age of Rail Travel: A 100 Years of National Park Travel History
- Trains of Thought: A Q&A with Two Passionate Railroad Enthusiasts
- Railroads and Southern Utah's National Parks
- Celebrating 150 Years Since the Wedding of the Rails
- All Aboard! New Junior Ranger Railroad Program Available Online
- National Park Foundation and Union Pacific Deepen Partnership to Connect an Entire Generation of Students to National Parks
Many of the national parks and programs that exist today would not be possible without corporate funding. NPF depends upon partners like Union Pacific to realize tremendous improvements and innovative programming that enhances and sustains the National Park Service and the parks they protect. Learn more about corporate partnerships at NPF.