What does your Stewardship Circle gift mean for the parks? The National Park Foundation Stewardship Circle represents a special group of individuals who have demonstrated a significant commitment to America’s national parks. By joining the Stewardship Circle you are helping to protect our national parks now and into the future. As our way of saying thank you, we are delighted to offer members of the Stewardship Circle unique benefits and opportunities to deepen their connection to our parks. View our latest newsletter »
$1,000 – Pioneer Society
The Pioneer Society honors all those that have come before us and paved the way in safeguarding and honoring America’s most treasured possession and our best idea – our national parks.
Your gift of $1,000 could support important projects like:
- Maintaining a native species garden at an urban park or historic site
- Restoring and preserving historic artifacts
$2,500 – Wilson Society
The Wilson Society honors the legacy of President Woodrow Wilson who established the National Park Service as a part of the U.S. Department of the Interior in 1916.
Your gift of $2,500 could support important projects like:
- Repairing 250 acres of fencing to protect native species and habitats
- Installing bear-proof food storage containers and waste receptacles at campsites
$5,000 – Roosevelt Society
The Roosevelt Society honors the legacy of President Theodore Roosevelt who was instrumental in setting aside more National Park land than all of his predecessors combined.
Your gift of $5,000 could support important projects like:
- Rehabilitating and opening a closed hiking trail,
- Sending a teacher to a national park for a summer to develop a service learning project to take back to his/her school
- Restoring and researching annual migration routes for species like Proghorn antelope
$10,000 – Rockefeller Society
The Rockefeller Society honors the philanthropic legacy of the Rockefeller family. Since John D. Rockefeller first gave lands to establish what are now Grand Teton and Acadia National Parks, generations of Rockefellers have been involved in the protection and preservation of our beloved National Parks.
Your gift of $10,000 could support important projects like:
- Restoring 20 miles of national park trails through NPF’s Active Trails program
- Upgrading a national park lighting system to improve energy efficiency and reduce light pollution in our night skies.
- Sponsoring summer camps for at-risk youth
$25,000 – The Century Society
The Century Society recognizes those committed individuals who have made a truly remarkable contribution to the National Park Foundation through an annual gift of $25,000 or more.
Your gift of $25,000 could support important projects like:
- Connecting over 2,000 children from underserved communities to a national park in their region for an entire school year
- Enabling a national park to fully retrofit its facilities for the implementation of a recycling or reusable water bottle program.
- Funding a transportation scholar in a national park for an entire year to study and develop plans to improve transportation, ease traffic, and reduce the impact of cars and high visitation in our national parks.