NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. PROMOTION IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) WHO ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES/D.C., AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF AND CURRENTLY LOCATED IN ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES/D.C. PROMOTION IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
SUMMER SCRAPBOOK: SHARE YOUR NATIONAL PARK MOMENTS AND MEMORIES CONTEST & SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
Sponsored by National Park Foundation (herein “Sponsor”)
1. ELIGIBILITY: Summer Scrapbook: Share Your National Park Moments and Memories Contest & Sweepstakes (together “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Promotion Activators, Inc., their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies, and all other service agencies involved with design, execution or fulfillment of this Promotion, and members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate. Promotion is void outside of the 50 United States/D.C. and where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The Promotion consists of a contest in which the winners will be selected by judging and a public vote (the “Contest”) and a random draw sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), as well as a Voting Sweepstakes (see Section 5 below). Starting at 9:00:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on June 20, 2014 through 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on September 5, 2014 (“Contest Period”), go to http://www.nationalparks.org ("Website") and follow the on-screen directions register for the Contest and to submit an essay of 1,500 characters or less describing a personal experience you had at any of America’s National Parks and upload a photo or provide the URL to a video taken at that park that illustrates that personal experience (collectively “Entry”). You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for the first Entry you submit during the Contest Period. By registering for the Contest you are signing up to receive the latest NPF news and updates via email to the email address you provide at the time of registration unless you have previously opted out of receiving such emails.
The Entry must be submitted to and follow the theme of one of the following eight categories:
- Fun with Family & Friends:
Share your national park moments and memories of relaxing, having picnics, hiking, or simply enjoying some quality time with your friends and family in your national parks.
- Celebrations & Achievements:
Share your national park moments and memories of engagements, weddings, birthdays, holidays, or completing a goal.
- Inspirational Moments:
Share your national park moments and memories of star-studded night skies, picture-perfect sunsets, breathtaking vistas, and moments of inspiration.
- Action & Adventure:
Share your national park moments and memories of sports, activities, and adventure.
- Hidden Gems and Surprises:
Share your national park moments and memories of finding a little-known trail, an unexpected wildlife visit, and other surprises.
- Making a Difference:
Share your national park moments and memories of volunteer work or other ways you’ve helped.
Share your national park moments and memories from 10 or more years ago.
- Learning & Discovery
Share your national park moments and memories of exploring American history, celebrating cultures, finding a fossil, taking a class trip, or other educational experiences.
If a photo is submitted, it must be in .jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .gif format and may not exceed 6 MB in size. If a video is submitted, it must be in the form of a URL that links to your own public content on Instagram, Vine, or YouTube. Video may not exceed ten (10) minutes in length and voiceover, if any, must be in English. Essay may not exceed 1,500 characters and must be in English. A title for the Essay must also be included but will not factor in the judging. Upon request by Sponsor, the entrant and any identifiable person appearing in the Entry may be required to execute a liability/publicity release. If he/she is a minor in his/her state of residence, minor’s parent or legal guardian must execute the liability/publicity release on minor’s behalf. Failure by entrant or any identifiable person appearing in the Entry to execute the liability/publicity release may result in the disqualification of the Entry. Only the person who submitted the Entry may be entitled to a prize. No group entries allowed. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM EDT on September 5, 2014.
Submission of an Entry is subject to, and all entrants must comply with, all policies, terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt.
ALL ENTRANTS MUST USE CAUTION AND COMMON SENSE IN CREATING THEIR ENTRIES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANTS (OR THEIR PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN IF AN ELIGIBLE MINOR) AND ANYONE APPEARING IN THE ENTRY (OR THEIR PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN IF A PERSON DEPICTED IN THE ENTRY IS A MINOR) ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT NEITHER SPONSOR, PROMOTION ACTIVATORS, INC., THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DISTRIBUTORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OTHER SERVICE AGENCIES INVOLVED WITH THE DESIGN, EXECUTION, OR FULFILLMENT OF THIS PROMOTION, NOR THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENCIES (COLLECTIVELY “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BODILY INJURY OR DEATH, CAUSED BY OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION. ENTRIES POSTED WERE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE ENTRANT AND THOSE THAT APPEAR IN THE ENTRY AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER.
Limit two (2) Contest Entries per person/per category. Each Entry submitted by an entrant must be substantially different; the same Entry may not be submitted to more than one category. Limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person/e-mail address, no matter how many eligible Contest Entries are submitted.
Entry must conform to the following Entry Requirements:
- Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity;
- Entry cannot promote illegal drugs or firearms (or the use of any of the foregoing), or any particular political agenda or message (in the sole opinion of the Sponsor);
- Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or other people, products or companies;
- Entry may not include any intellectual property of third parties, including copyrighted material (including but not limited to music) or third-party trademarks
- Entry cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
- Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
- Entry cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law or park rules (e.g., activities described/depicted must not be conducted in areas that are off limits to the public).
Entry must be suitable for broadcast at Sponsor’s sole discretion. By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that such Entry is his/her original creation (a modification of an existing work does not qualify as original), entrant is the sole copyright owner of the Entry, that the Entry is true and verifiable, that the Entry has not been previously broadcast, submitted to or entered in any competition or won any awards, and that his/her Entry does not violate any law, regulation or any right of any third-party, including, without limitation, the publicity, intellectual property or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary right. If the Entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render Entry null and void. By submitting an Entry, entrant and anyone depicted in the Entry (or their parent/legal guardian if they are minors) represent that they consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Promotion and to its use as otherwise set forth herein. Except where prohibited by law, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not have now, nor shall it have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright in and to entrant’s Entry.
Entrant and anyone depicted in the Entry (or their parent/legal guardian if they are minors) agree that Entry may be posted on http://www.nationalparks.org or other Sponsor websites. Winners will be disclosed in winner’s lists and Released Parties are not liable for any misuse of such winner’s lists by third parties. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry. Entrants and anyone depicted in the Entry (or their parent/legal guardian if they are minors) agree that they will not use the Entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the Entry to any online social networks, without the express consent of the Sponsor in each instance. Any Entry that does not comply with these requirements, in the opinion of the judges or the Sponsor, may be disqualified.
3. FINALIST SELECTION/SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING: Entries will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by Sponsor based on the following criteria: (i) uniqueness of the experience (33%); (ii) quality of Entry (33%); and (iii) appropriateness to theme of category selected (34%). The top ten (10) Entries for each of the eight (8) categories, as determined by the judges using the criteria listed above, will be deemed Finalist Entries (subject to verification) for their respective category. In the event of a tie by the judges, the entries involved in the tie will be re-judged by an additional judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate tied entries according to the criteria listed above. The decisions of the judges will be final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select fewer than ten (10) Finalist Entries for a category if it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. A random drawing to select the potential Sweepstakes prize winner will be conducted by Sponsor on or about October 6, 2014, from among all eligible Sweepstakes entries received. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Sweepstakes entries received.
4. ONLINE VOTING: From September 9, 2014 through September 26, 2014, the Finalist Entries will be posted on http://www.nationalparks.org where visitors will be asked to vote for their favorite Finalist Entry based on the same judging criteria specified above. The Contest voting period will start at 12:00:00 a.m. EDT on September 9, 2014 and will end at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on September 26, 2014 (“Voting Period”). Voters must be legal residents of the 50 United States or D.C., eighteen (18) years of age or older, and must first register before they may vote. By registering to vote, you are signing up to receive the latest NPF news and updates via email to the email address you provide at the time of registration unless you have previously opted out of receiving such emails. Limit one (1) vote per person/email address per day per category. Automated methods of voting are prohibited. Any attempt by entrant and/or his/her family/friends to cast more than one (1) vote per day per category using multiple names or email addresses and/or any other fraudulent mechanism (including hiring third parties to vote for the entrant), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to disqualify Finalist Entry/entrant in its reasonable discretion. Any votes received from an IP address located outside of the United States will be disqualified. The Finalist Entry receiving the highest number of eligible, non-suspect, votes for each category will be deemed the potential Prize winner for that category, subject to confirmation of his/her eligibility. In the event of a tie, the tied Entry with the highest score from the Finalist judging round will be declared the winner.
5. VOTING SWEEPSTAKES. Voters will receive one (1) entry into a prize drawing (the “Voting Sweepstakes”) by casting an eligible vote during the Voting Period, as set forth in Section 4 above. Limit one (1) Voting Sweepstakes entry per person/e-mail address, per day/category. Votes must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on September 26, 2014, to be eligible for an entry into the Voting Sweepstakes. Votes that are generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means, or that have been submitted through illicit means or by any means which subvert the entry process or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in these Official Rules, will not qualify for entry into the Voting Sweepstakes. A random drawing to select the potential Voting Sweepstakes prize winner will be conducted by Sponsor on or about October 6, 2014, from among all eligible Voting Sweepstakes entries received. One (1) Voting Sweepstakes Prize: a 6-Day Grand Teton/Yellowstone Explorer Trip for 2 with O.A.R.S. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1,789. For details, go to http://www.oars.com/wyoming/yellowstonemultisport.html, Transportation to/from Grand Teton/Yellowstone is not included. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Voting Sweepstakes entries received. Voting Sweepstakes Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, whose decisions are final.
6. LICENSE/USE OF ENTRIES: By submitting an Entry, entrant hereby grant to Sponsor a royalty free and fully paid up, irrevocable, worldwide perpetual license to edit, publish, use, adapt, exploit, and modify any Entry (and all elements embodied therein), including, without limitation the images, names, likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, online, in print, film, television, or in any other media now known or hereafter devised, without compensation, notification or permission from entrant, anyone appearing in the Entry, or any third party, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including on Sponsor’s website, http://nationalparks.org, and third party websites.
7. PRIZES:Eight (8) Contest Prizes (one per category): Each winner will receive a prize package with one of each of the following items: a Celestron AstroMaster 90AZ Telescope, a pair of Celestron Granite ED 10x42 binoculars, a Celestron Trek Guide, an Annual Federal Recreation Lands Pass, a Yosemite Superintendent Limited Edition Commemorative 150th Anniversary Pendleton wool blanket, and National Park Foundation apparel. ARV: $1131.85 each. All federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of the winners. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of a prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) for a prize of comparable or greater value, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
All prize details are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In no event shall Sponsor’s prize liability exceed the ARV prize value of the prize. All advertised prizes may not be awarded if an insufficient number of eligible entries are received.
One (1) Sweepstakes Prize: The Sweepstakes prize winner (selected from among those that submitted at least one entry into the Contest) will receive the his/her choice of one (1) of the following prizes: Prize Option 1: Four (4) Yosemite Hiker's Kits (which include a Yosemite backpack, hat, water bottle, carabineer, hiking map, book about Yosemite, and sunscreen); one (1) Yosemite Superintendent Limited Edition Commemorative 150th Anniversary Pendleton wool blanket; and a trip package for four (winner and up to three guests). Trip package includes: three (3) nights' accommodations at The Ahwahnee Hotel (single room, quadruple occupancy) and a Winter Activity Pack which includes ski, snowboard or cross country equipment rental and lesson at Badger Pass, a snow-tubing session at Badger Pass, ice skating and skate rental at Curry Village, a two-hour Valley Floor Tour, and dinner at the Mountain Room). ARV: $3,069. Prize Option 2: Four (4) Yosemite Hiker's Kits (which include a Yosemite backpack, hat, water bottle, carabineer, hiking map, book about Yosemite, and sunscreen); one (1) Yosemite Superintendent Limited Edition Commemorative 150th Anniverary Pendleton wood blanket; and a trip package for four (winner and up to three guests). Trip package includes: three (3) nights' accommodations at The Ahwahnee Hotel (single room, quadruple occupancy); and a Summer Activity Pack (which includes a two-hour trail ride from Yosemite Valley Stables to Mirror Lake, bike rental for four (4), Yosemite Mountaineering School adventure (Hike & Bike, guided hike, or beginning rock climbing lesson), two-hour Valley Floor Tour, and dinner at the Mountain Room). ARV: $3,391. Sweepstakes and Voting Sweepstakes Prize Restrictions: Actual value may vary based on date trip is taken. Trip arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent at least twenty one (21) days prior to trip. Winner and winner’s guests agree to comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of prize. By participating and accepting the prize, winner and winner’s guest(s) represent that they understand that alpine skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, horseback riding, cycling, rock climbing, kayaking, white water rafting, and hiking contain some inherent elements of risk of accident, illness, injury, loss or death, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature, or other agencies, known or unknown. Winner and winner’s guest(s) represent that they recognize that such risks may be present at any time before, during and after the prize trip. Trips are subject to availability. Winner and winner’s guest(s) are solely responsible for any transportation to/from Yosemite. All other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize not stated in the prize descriptions above as being provided including, but not limited to, any required transportation, all federal, state and local taxes, insurance, meals and beverages, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature, will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
In the event Sponsor is unable to provide any portion of a prize for any reason, no compensation or substitution will be provided for that portion of the prize; however, the remainder of the prize package will be awarded and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner. Trip must be taken by March 27, 2016 or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATIONS: Potential Contest winners (or their parent/legal guardian if an eligible minor) will be notified on or about October 7, 2014 by overnight delivery and/or telephone or email, in Sponsor’s sole discretion and must execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, and any other releases required by Sponsor and where not prohibited by applicable law, within fourteen (14) days of date of issuance specified in the notice. If he/she is a minor in his/her state of residence, minor’s parent or legal guardian must execute the liability/publicity release on minor’s behalf. Potential Sweepstakes and Voting Sweepstakes winners (or their parent/legal guardian if an eligible minor) will be notified on or about October 7, 2014 by overnight delivery and/or telephone or email in Sponsor’s sole discretion and must execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, and any other releases required by Sponsor and where not prohibited by applicable law, within fourteen (14) days of date of issuance specified in the notice. A potential winner’s guest must also execute and return a liability/publicity release within the time stated above. If a guest is a minor in his/her state of residence, he/she must be a child or legal ward of winner and winner must sign and return release on behalf of such minor. Failure to return the documents listed above within the specified time period, the return of a notification as undeliverable, noncompliance with these Official Rules, or Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period may result in forfeiture of potential winning status and, if a Contest winner, the Entry in that category receiving the next highest score during Phase 2 Judging will be deemed the potential winner.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS: Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, inaccurate, lost, late, stolen, garbled, undelivered, or misdirected Entries or for inaccurate Entry or Promotion information or for interrupted or unavailable network, server, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions or telephone transmission problems or technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user’s computer equipment, programming used in this Promotion, or for computer, network, mechanical, electronic, printing, typographical, human or other error or problem relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the announcement of the prize, the processing or judging of Entries or in any Promotion-related materials.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the District of Columbia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the District of Columbia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the District of Columbia.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Neither Sponsor nor it’s agencies are responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, or miscommunications, or failed computer, network, telephone, satellite, or cable hardware, software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Neither Sponsor nor it’s agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of Website. Sponsor reserves the right, in it’s sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds may be tampering with the entry process or operation of this Promotion or Website, or may be acting in violation of the terms of the Website, or may be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse, or harass any other person. Any attempt to deliberately damage any Website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor or its agents.
12. WINNERS LIST: For the names of prize winners (available after October 20, 2014, send a self-addressed, stamped, business size (#10) envelop by January 20, 2015 to Summer Scrapbook Winners, 6240 Oakton Street, Morton Grove, IL 60053. Winners list will be sent after winners have been verified
13. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: National Park Foundation, 1201 Eye St NW Suite 550B, Washington, D.C. 20005.