NPF has helped to increase private support to Biscayne, Dry Tortugas and Everglades National Parks and Big Cypress National Preserve by supporting their local philanthropic partner, the South Florida...
Park Partners Project
How We Help
The Park Partners Project provides consulting, coaching and grant support to help local park charities or “Friends Groups” be better partners and increase philanthropic dollars to individual parks. Using a proven model of in-depth technical assistance that results in stronger Friends Groups, the Park Partner Project fulfills the National Park Foundation’s vision of a nation-wide network of successful philanthropic stewards of national parks.
This year, the Park Partners Project will provide year-long organizational consulting support and a $5,000 capacity-building grant to emerging and transitioning Friends Groups committed to improving their governance, operations, and revenue generation to better support national parks ahead of the National Park Service (NPS) Centennial in 2016. Participation is open to Friends Groups that support national park units and hope to leverage the NPS Centennial. Applications may be submitted by Park Superintendents, Friends Group leaders, or representatives from NPS Regional Partnership Offices.
To apply to be a part of the 2014 Park Partner Project click here.
Applications due: Friday, August 1, 2014
Questions? Read our FAQ Sheet here.
For more information contact: Siobhán A. O’Riordan, Director, Partner Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PARK PARTNERS PROJECT PARTICIPANTS
- Appomattox 1865 Foundation »
- C&O Canal Trust »
- Colorado National Monument Association
- Friends of Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park »
- Friends of Wind Cave National Park »
- Guilford Battleground Company »
- Honoring Eleanor Roosevelt »
- Rosie the Riveter Trust »
- Dumbarton Oaks Park Conservancy »
- Friends of Arches and the Canyonlands Parks: The Bates Wilson Legacy Fund »
- Friends of Flight 93 National Memorial »
- Friends of Fordyce and Hot Springs National Park, Inc. »
- Friends of Minute Man National Park »
- Friends of Vicksburg »
- Shenandoah National Park Trust »
- Timucuan Trail Parks Foundation »
- Voyageurs National Park Association »