National Park Friends Alliance
How We Help
The Friends Alliance is an informal union of Friends Groups executives and park officials that evolved from a meeting convened by the National Park Foundation in 1994. The Alliance shares information among its members, learns and helps to clarify NPS policies, advances partnership and philanthropic ideas and discusses models for problem solving between Friends Groups and the NPS. The Friends Alliance is led by an elected steering committee and membership is open to all national park Friends Groups.
The National Park Foundation provides grant and technical support to the Friends Alliance.
Steering Committee Members
- Deb Yandala, President (Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park)
- Joe Kessler, Vice President (Friends of Virgin Islands National Park)
- Greg Moore, Vice President (Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy)
- Caroline Cunningham (Trust for the National Mall
- David MacDonald (Friends of Acadia)
- Katie Nyberg (Mississippi River Fund)
- Diana Saathoff (Mount Rushmore Society)
- Susan Schroeder (Grand Canyon Association)
- Siobhán O’Riordan, National Park Foundation Liaison
- Reginald Chapple, National Park Service Liaison
For more information about the Friends Alliance, please contact Siobhán O’Riordan at 202.354.6476.
The Fall 2013 Meeting of the Friends Alliance will be at Mount Rushmore, SD on October 16– 17, 2013. Hosted by Mount Rushmore Society - in close collaboration with the Friends Alliance Steering Committee and National Park Foundation - the meeting will include a great schedule and the opportunity for attendees to visit five other nearby national parks and Custer State Park.
For more information, contact Diana Saathoff at Diana@mtrushmore.org or call the Mount Rushmore Society office at 605.341.8883.