How We Help
The Friends Alliance is an informal union of Friends Groups executives and park officials that evolved from a meeting convened by the National Park Foundation in 1994. The Alliance shares information among its members, learns and helps to clarify NPS policies, advances partnership and philanthropic ideas and discusses models for problem solving between Friends Groups and the NPS. The Friends Alliance is led by an elected steering committee and membership is open to all national park Friends Groups.
The National Park Foundation provides grant and technical support to the Friends Alliance.
Steering Committee Members
- Deb Yandala, President (Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park)
- Joe Kessler, Vice President (Friends of Virgin Islands National Park)
- Greg Moore, Vice President (Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy)
- Caroline Cunningham (Trust for the National Mall
- David MacDonald (Friends of Acadia)
- Katie Nyberg (Mississippi River Fund)
- Diana Saathoff (Mount Rushmore Society)
- Susan Schroeder (Grand Canyon Association)
- Mark DeSantis, National Park Foundation Liaison
- Reginald Chapple, National Park Service Liaison
For more information about the Friends Alliance, please contact Mark DeSantis at [email protected].
The 2015 Fall Friends Alliance Meeting is taking place October 20-22, 2015 at Gettysburg National Military Park and is hosted by the Gettysburg Foundation and Gettysburg National Military Park. This year’s meeting will take a look at the pending 2016 Centennial celebration and examine what the next 100 years holds in store for our national parks and their partners. As always, we will allow time for Friends to connect and discuss important issues affecting them at the local, regional and national level. Learn more »
For more information, contact Mark DeSantis at [email protected].