National Park Friends Alliance
How We Help
The Friends Alliance is an informal union of Friends Groups executives and park officials that evolved from a meeting convened by the National Park Foundation in 1994. The Alliance shares information among its members, learns and helps to clarify NPS policies, advances partnership and philanthropic ideas and discusses models for problem solving between Friends Groups and the NPS. The Friends Alliance is led by an elected steering committee and membership is open to all national park Friends Groups.
The National Park Foundation provides grant and technical support to the Friends Alliance.
Steering Committee Members
- Deb Yandala, President (Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park)
- Joe Kessler, Vice President (Friends of Virgin Islands National Park)
- Greg Moore, Vice President (Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy)
- Caroline Cunningham (Trust for the National Mall
- David MacDonald (Friends of Acadia)
- Katie Nyberg (Mississippi River Fund)
- Diana Saathoff (Mount Rushmore Society)
- Susan Schroeder (Grand Canyon Association)
- Siobhán O’Riordan, National Park Foundation Liaison
- Reginald Chapple, National Park Service Liaison
For more information about the Friends Alliance, please contact Mark DeSantis at 202.796.3152.
The 2015 Spring Friends Alliance Meeting is taking place March 17-19, 2015 and is being hosted by the National Park Foundation in Washington, D.C. This year’s meeting will expand upon the Centennial topics covered at the 2014 Fall Friends Alliance Meeting and provide important updates in preparation for the launch of both the Centennial fundraising campaign and the Find Your Park public engagement campaign.
For more information, contact Siobhán O’Riordan at [email protected] or at 202.354.6476.