— Casandra Share Your StoryIf you haven't tried the off road trucking this area is great! The lake is clean and the campsites are well kept. The... read more
National Park Week
Celebrate & Support
April 18-26, 2015
Find a Park
Celebrate National Park Week
Each spring, the National Park Service and the National Park Foundation invite everyone to celebrate National Park Week. This year, from April 18 – 26 YOU are invited to celebrate all that America’s more than 400 national parks have to offer. From diverse wildlife and iconic landscapes, to vibrant culture and rich history, our National Park System has something for everyone.
Join us for National Park Week in-person at special events and online, and be sure to share your memories with us!
Get a Free Pass To The Parks
Our national parks are kicking off National Park Week with fee-free days on Saturday, April 18 and Sunday, April 19! So, whether it is your first trip, or one of many memorable park experiences, there couldn’t be a better time to get out and explore!
Whether you are visiting, volunteering or interested in sharing your experience with the world, below you will find helpful resources for making your National Park Week a memorable one.
Explore A National Park
Whether you’re a hiker, a historian, a romantic, a family with kids, a crowd-lover or someone seeking solitude, the National Park Foundation’s FREE Owner’s Guide series is jam-packed with ideas to help you plan your next national park adventure!
Our Owner’s Guide series includes:
- National Park Owner’s Guide
- The Places Nobody Knows
- Happy Trails: 25 Unforgettable National Park Hikes
- Parks for Play: 35 National Park Adventures For Kids Of All Ages
- I Heart Parks
- Gimme Shelter
- Winter Wonderlands
You can download all of these guides for FREE at www.nationalparks.org/ownersguide.
Support Our National Parks
There are so many ways to support our national parks! You can find some fun ideas below. And be sure to tell us how you are giving back to our national parks!
- Join the National Park Foundation and local park Friends Groups.
- Help the National Park Foundation support vital projects and programs in your national parks.
- Volunteer and give back in our national parks. From maintaining trails and leading guided nature walks to presenting living history demonstrations and assisting with preservation of museum artifacts, there is something for everyone!
National Park Photos